Discover the remarkable uses and benefits of Magnolia Essential Oil, a highly-prized oil known for its heavenly fragrance and emotional advantages. Find out more about DIY recipes and diffuser blends that showcase this elusive oil.
Magnolia essential oil can be applied topically or diffused for stress relief or aromatherapy benefits. Magnolia has a sweet floral scent that promotes feelings of relaxation and peace while reducing symptoms of anxiety and depression when inhaled. When applied topically, it helps improve skin's elasticity, tone, texture, brightness and appearance by moisturizing dry patches.
Magnolia & Hong Kong
From strolling the Flower Market in Prince Edward or meeting one of the "popo's" selling magnolia flower buds trios wrapped in the magnolia leaf on the sidewalk to the heavenly aroma found at the Kardoorie Farm's Magnolia Garden; the Magnolia Flower is a flower that has brought tremendous comfort and memories to the Hong Kong people.
Originating in ancient Asia and a staple in traditional Chinese medicine, prehistoric fossils have found that the magnolia flower dates back nearly 100 million years.
For centuries, Chinese traditional health practices have recognized the therapeutic benefits of magnolia flowers, which can be steeped into a fragrant tea.
The sedative, relaxing, and uplifting properties of magnolia essential oil make it a valuable addition to your oil collection.
History of Magnolia Essential Oil
- New beginnings: The magnolia flower remains central to modern Southeast Asian culture, signifying birth and regeneration. In Indonesia, brides wear magnolia garlands as a sign of new beginnings.
- A myriad of benefits: The Essential Oil from the bark of the magnolia tree is just as rewarding as the flower, used by Chinese healers to promote energy circulation.
- The flower of progress: Through a process of steam distillation, Magnolia Essential Oil offers an powerful scent. The large white petals are particularly aromatic and are believed to inspire personal growth and renewal.
Magnolia Essential Oil Facts
This desirable essential oil is steam distilled from the petals of the magnolia tree. Magnolia essential oil is costly due to the the delicate flowers must be harvested in the dead of night when the aroma is at its peak and distilled immediately in order to achieve the full potency.
Magnolia primarily contains the linalool constituent (+65%). Linalool rich oils have powerful soothing and relaxing benefits to the emotions and skin.
Magnolia oil blends well with other floral aromas, as well as citrus oils. It can add a lovely, sweet scent to essential oil blends without being overpowering.
Magnolia Essential Oil Benefits
Magnolia has been described as "heaven in a bottle". Besides its wonderful aroma, check out these benefits you can enjoy when using topically or aromatically:
- Relaxes the mind and body
- Soothes and moisturizes the skin
- Acts as a natural sedative (great for bedtime!)
- Creates a calm and serene atmosphere
- Stimulates the generation of new cells, beneficial for skin
- Soothes aches and pains - has analgesic properties
- Uplifts when feeling down and grounding when anxious
- Promotes circulation and relieves congestion
- Eases discomfort from abdominal or menstrual cramps (antispasmodic properties)
Magnolia essential oil is also known for its anti-aging properties and ability to improve skin health. If you are looking for an all-natural way to improve your health and well-being, Magnolia essential oil may be right for you.
Magnolia Essential Oil Recipes and Diffuser Blends
Magnolia Essential Oil Uses
If you're looking for a natural way to improve your mental and emotional wellness, consider using magnolia essential oil. Studies have shown that it can help reduce stress and anxiety, promote better sleep, and increase self-confidence. This oil also has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, making it a great addition to your daily routine. Just remember to dilute it properly before using it in your diffuser, during a massage, or even in your bath.
Use Magnolia Oil as Natural Perfume
For people searching for a floral and sophisticated fragrance, Magnolia essential oil is an excellent natural option. You can wear it on a diffuser necklace or bracelet. Additionally, it is believed to alleviate stress, making it a suitable choice for a night out or a special occasion. If you decide to use it as a perfume, it is recommended to reapply it every few hours to maintain the fragrance's longevity throughout the day.
- Make an all natural perfume roll on - see recipe below
- Add 2 drops to hair brush for amazingly scented hair
- Add a few drops of magnolia to unscented lotion, hand cream, or body oil and apply to body in place of perfume
If you're searching for a unique fragrance, Magnolia essential oil could be worth considering. Its natural aroma and white jade orchid scent make it an excellent choice for those seeking something distinct, yet relatable.
Inhale the Floral Scent of Magnolia
Thanks to the linalool constitute, magnolia flowers have a calming fragrance that may ease anxiety and stress and help with sleeplessness.
- Place one drop in the palm of hand, rub hands together then deeply inhale the aroma
- Place 1-2 drops on the shower floor just before you get in
- Diffuse to brighten the atmosphere and uplift spirits
- Place one drop on a diffuser necklace for emotional support
APTIVA's Magnolia Flower (Michela alba) essential oil is the product of Inner Mongolia. We searched extensively to find the magnolia field with the species containing the highest therapeutic and aromatic constitute Hongkonger's find contentment in.